8 total views, 2 views today
Are you a DSTV subscriber looking for how to use DStv self-service in Nigeria? Then, you are on the right web page because I will be showing you right in this post how to use the DStv self-service in Nigeria or any other part of the world, and also you will get to learn all you need to know about it.
What is DSTV Self Service?
DStv Self Service is a feature which can be used from your cellphone, tablet or desktop computer to clear error messages on your DSTV, update your personal details and also to manage and control payments conveniently.
The DStv self-service is a feature that was rolled out by leading Subscription Tv giants in Africa “Multichoice”. The GOtv and DStv owner, Multichoice released the Self Service feature in early 2018 and this got to Nigeria that same here. Not just that, Nigeria was one of the first countries supporting the use of the DStv easy self-service, in Africa.
The main objective or aim behind the release of the this innovation is to make the DStv subscribers from all over the world to get all sorts of minor and some major problems they face while using the DStv, or any difficulty they may encounter at any point in time, easily solved following the step by step easy to use self-service.
DStv Self-Service Nigeria
The DStv self-service Nigeria comes in a lot of ways, i.e. There are many ways to using this service in Nigeria. What are these methods? It may be used through any of the following means:
- Mobile App Self Service: With the DStv mobile app, you can get quite a lot of things done. The app is available for both iOS and Android operating systems.
- USSD Self Service: Another amazing way you can make use of the DStv Self-Service Nigeria is by using the USSD code from any mobile network in Nigeria.
- Internet Self Service: This is when you make use of the official online portal to carry out all sorts of activities and configurations on your DStv.
What Can I Do With the DStv Self-Service Nigeria?
There are quite a lot of things you can do with any of the above-mentioned methods or mean of making use of self-service. These are:
- Subscription Renewal/Upgrade: With the DStv Self Service Nigeria, you can upgrade your subscription package from a lower package to and higher one. Also, you can renew your subscription plans whenever they are expired or about to.
- Edit Profile/Personal information: Also, you can edit your personal information such as name, email address, phone number, etc. using the self-service feature on the DStv subscription TV provider.
- Clear Error Codes: Another amazing thing about the DStv self-service Nigeria is that you can use it o automatically clear error codes such as E16-4, E30, E18, etc.
All these can be done right from the available means of using theDStv self-service. All your details, and also subscription balance, can be checked using the self-service method.
How Can I Use the Mobile App Self Service?
- Install the app on the Google play store or app store for iPhone users
- Launch the app and sign up using your decoder registration information i.e. Your IUC number, name, phone number, email, etc.
- After signing up, you can now login to carry out any transaction on configurations you want to make on your decoder.
How Can I Use the USSD Self Service Nigeria?
- Dial *288# from your Nigerian phone number.
- On the screen that pops up, you need to enter 2 to choose DStv and click the send button.
- You will now be taken to a screen welcoming you to the Multichoice USSD. Now you need to press 1 and send.
- The next thing is to enter your smartcard number. You can check this at the back of the scratch card present in your decoder.
- Now, you need to confirm your surname and then submit.
- And that’s all… In case there is any other thing that is required of you, just follow the instructions given and complete your registration.
After the setup, you can now start using your mobile phone to manage and control your DStv account.
How Can I Use the Internet Self Service?
This happens to be simplest of all as it only requires you to put in some of your information to get enrolled on the internet or online Self Service.
- Log on to their website.
- Click the “login” icon at the top of the page.
- Enter your Surname/mobile number and your smartcard number.
- Click the “login” button
- Now, you will be successfully logged in to your account.
How Can I Clear Error Codes Using DStv Self Service Nigeria?
To clear error codes, you may decide to use any of the available means of using the DStv self-service (i.e. USSD, Mobile app, or internet).
To Clear Error Codes Using USSD
- Dial the DStv self-service USSD code (*288#).
- Choose the option which indicates “clear error” or “clear error code”
- Choose the error type you want to clear.
- Confirm by clicking the send button after choosing the correct option.
To Clear Error Codes Using Mobile App
- Log in to your account through your DStv self-service mobile app.
- Locate the tab which indicates Clear error codes.
- Choose the error type you will like to clear.
- Confirm the error code and submit after it has been verified to be correct.
- You will now receive a message informing you that your error clearance request has been submitted and processed.
Make sure your decoder is always turned on each time you want to clear error code as it makes the process a way easier and faster to debug.
And, using the internet self-service to clear error code is the same procedure just as that of the use of the Self Service mobile app there is no much difference between the steps.
How Can I Use DStv Self-Service Nigeria to Pay?
Do you wish to pay or renew your subscription on the DStv and finding it difficult to find any agents around you? Then, using this great innovation is the biggest alternative ever. All you need to do is to either pay using your bank’s USSD code or by visiting either the app or website. After which you can then follow the following instructions below:
- Login to your DStv self-service Nigeria account.
- Go to the pay tab.
- Click the “renew” or “upgrade” button and choose the package you want to subscribe to.
- Choose the preferred payment gateway.
- Complete your payment by using a credit/debit card.
- After completing the payment, you will be automatically redirected to your dashboard.
You can then start enjoying your favourite shows, sports, movies, and other TV shows on different channels, etc.
Final Conclusions on DStv Self-Service Nigeria
The DStv self-service Nigeria is a very fast, and secures way to manage and control your DStv right from your smartphone at the comfort of your home or wherever you are at any point in time.
Have any questions? Please, drop them in the comments section below